All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Frederick, MD seeks an energetic and thoughtful leader to coordinate, facilitate, and help us develop our programs of Christian formation for children and youth, including but not limited to nursery, Sunday School, Youth Group, Vacation Bible School, and seasonal special events. The Coordinator works cooperatively with the clergy, lay congregational leaders, staff, and volunteers in our ministry with children and youth, in order to deepen young people’s understanding and experience of God, God’s world, and their lives as followers of Jesus. The Coordinator is also responsible for making sure that All Saints’ follows all requirements and best practices to ensure that All Saints’ is a safe church environment for all our participants.
- Being a Christian who takes their own faith life seriously and joyfully, committed to the Baptismal Covenant of The Episcopal Church
- Enthusiasm for, knowledge about, and understanding of the liturgy, teaching, theological perspectives, and polity of the Episcopal Church
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Skills with common office software such as Word and Excel, familiarity with online meeting technology
- Background check and Safe Church training is required prior to beginning the position.
Key tasks include:
- Management of education programs during the church year.
- Recruiting and training, as needed, program volunteers and administering all safe church protocols.
- Annually develop the children and youth formation budget with the Christian Formation.
- Committee for Vestry approval. Manage the approved budget and order required material and supplies.
- Work with the clergy and staff as needed as a resource person for special events and seasonal worship needs.
- Serve as advocate for Christian Formation within parish life.
- Assist in the planning of special/seasonal church programs including intergenerational programming.
- Participation in available on-going training and professional education is expected, with participation in professional organizations and attendance at appropriate conferences to be negotiated as funds allow.
Compensation Package and Work Expectations
Salary: $15,000 annual
Initial 90 day probationary period followed by an evaluation by the Interim Rector, with regular annual performance reviews.
Work schedule: This is a part-time position expected to require 10 hours of work per week consisting usually of 6-7 hours on weekdays plus 3-4 hours dedicated on Sundays and/or for special events. Attendance at holiday and/or festival events is expected, including Christmas and Easter. Exact work locations and timing to be in accordance with programmatic needs and those of the Interim Rector.
Twenty hours of paid vacation time is provided, with time off to be negotiated in advance with the Interim Rector. Other absences and time committed to professional development to be negotiated with the Interim Rector.
This position is not open to members of All Saints’ Episcopal Church.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to the Rev. Catherine Thompson at email@example.com.